Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12, 2015

Last p-day we decided to hike around some little nature trails in Tsing Yi- just up behind some apartment complexes. Wow. I didn't realize how much of a jungle I lived in. This place is absolutely incredible. I am so blessed to serve here!!! Saw some big flies and wild dogs, but no monkeys, sorry!

Miracle of the week: Ms. Wan contacted us and told us she was out on the pier where we met her three months ago and asked if we could come out to see her. She's been super busy and hasn't been reading the Book of Mormon, but she says she has been praying and that it helps her feel more put together and at peace. What a miracle!​

Things I'm grateful for this week:

Monday: Piano music boxes. I bought a music box last p day from a dinky little stationery store. It's a grand piano. but it's a music box. COOLEST THING EVER. I'm seriously just super excited, and it was relatively cheap, so that was a plus. It's really really pretty and plays some kind of Chinese anime song, so it's pretty Asian. I love it.

Tuesday: POLLY. New investigator. She's seriously hilarious. We had an awkard start but Sister Killpack told some story about her friend's really bad date and it just broke the ice. We laughed and taught an awesome lesson. She's adorable. Love her! Cherry helped us fellowship, so that was cool too! We had a good district meeting too.

Wednesday: Smelly gel pens. I bought some gel pens for this photo book I'm making, and they smell. fruity. It's like, the best thing ever. Chinese people are totally into their stationery and pens and stuff. it's awesome. Also President Hawks. We were in Kowloon Tong Wednesday for a language evaluation and I asked if I could meet with our awesome mission president. he gave me some wonderful advice about how I can help my companionship work more in unity with the Lord and how to improve the work, and he said just what I needed to hear. It's like, he's inspired or something. haha. I'll be sad to see him go but I'm excited for our new mission president and his wife to come in on July 1st! WoO!

Thursday: Weekly planning! (: enough said. I love weekly planning.  A lot.

Friday: Sister Killpack's worst date story! Her friend was on this date, and they went horseback riding, and the horse just tipped over and died. And then the boy got sick and threw up everywhere, and then stepped on the girl's dress and tore it. It was way funnier when she told it in broken Chinese (or Chinglish, kinda) and Cherry and Polly were totally dying. it was the best thing ever.

Saturday: Tim Tam Slams: I love to slam. 'Nough said. (slam= bite off opposite corners of tim tams and use the cookie as a straw to drink hot chocolate)

Sunday: A-Ting, Church. A-Ting (RC) wants to go to BYU! How cute. we met with her after church and just talked and built her relationship with us. it was the best. And Church, I LOVE CHURCH. best day ever. Sundays are my favorite.

LOVE you all! (:

-Kuk Jimuih-

P.S.
(Mom asked how to teach people about God for next week's Sunday School lesson): How do I teach a Buddhist about God? I bear testimony. I know there is a God. I know he loves me, and he loves you. He is the father of our spirits. that's how I do it- super super simple. Rarely ever do I start out about "he created us and before earth we lived with him".  Just that there is one. Use the scriptures too: "Believe in God, believe that He is..."  As far as your lesson- it's hard. It is so so so hard to help people learn about Heavenly Father. Basically what they teach us here is that no matter how simply you put it, if you don't have the spirit with you as you teach you cannot teach!​ Ammon and Aaron are perfect examples of how to teach about God. The very first principle I teach as a missionary is "God is our Loving Heavenly Father". It's as simple as that. We have a father, a father of our spirits, and he loves us. He's given us blessings. The best way to teach is to ask questions. on the streets, I'll ask what people's view of God is. Do they believe we have a God, some kind? If so, what kind? Why? If you really want to know more about how to teach it, literally just consult Preach my Gospel. that book is insanely divinely inspired and seriously will answer all your questions. I am regretting not having ever studied it before my mission because it's just full of insanely incredible material.

P.P.S. 
(Responses to some random thoughts and questions from mom): Our Savior loves each and every one of us and desires for us to realize that. There is nothing we can't overcome. Doesn't mean it will be easy- it's gonna be dang hard- but God gives us just enough strength to endure.

I really love the idea of the new youth curriculum. I don't feel like I really got to know it very well, so I'm hoping I have more of an opportunity to learn it. I seriously want to come home and teach teenagers Sunday School. really really bad.

(In response to our new house): Weird. I can't believe all this house stuff is going on without me. Super weird. I still don't' know if I can take those family names to the temple, but we're gonna try.  It's hard cuz it's only me and Sis Killpack in our district who can do sisters' names though, so it may take a while to do them... TEMPLE DAY IS TUESDAY.  So Monday I won't have p day.  Heads up.
Escaping old lady from the nursing home (ha ha ha!)

Sister Crook in the Tsing Yi jungle
































No comments:

Post a Comment