Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 11, 2014: Handwritten Letter to Mom

Dear Mom,

This is the letter for me to tell you all the stuff I forgot/the things I didn't have time to write about.  My companions wanted to go lift weights and junk and I see no point so I brought my notebook.  I really hate gym time.  I'd much rather be studying or something.  But both my companions are really into sports.  I really wish we could swim so I could feel like I got a decent workout.  I play volleyball if we are inside, but the gym is closed for another week.

So Kayleigh Ingersoll is here.  We don't have any time to talk but we've acknowledged each others existence.  I think she is going to Indonesia or something like that.

I am so exhausted mentally, emotionally, and physically.  Every night I just crash and am usually asleep long before anyone else.  I have constant headaches and just really wish I had a day to rest.  But this is my life now I guess.  I really just can't wait for Hong Kong.  My favorite part of the day is preparing for/teaching lessons.  It is hard but it is how we learn.  I want to be out in the field so bad.  It's hard because I just want to go love those people but I know I don't have the means to truly communicate with them yet.  Elder Klein flew out Monday morning.  He's been here like 14 weeks because he tore his ACL, but I'm glad he finally made it to HK.

I've been talking to Landon a  little about my worries at home.  I didn't have a ton of time to email him yesterday so I printed off his emails so I could reread them.  This is what he told me, "One thing I think of quite often is something Elder Holland said once.  He said something along the lines of 'We often ask ourselves and our Heavenly Father if there is not an easier way, but something we often forget is that someone already asked that question.  He was better than any of us.  He was perfect, and there was no easier way.  Why should it be easier for us if it was never easier for Him?'"  How true.  We're going through some hard stuff, but nothing compares to the infinite atonement of our Savior.  I can't imagine how Heavenly Father must have felt when Christ asked him to "take the bitter cup" from  him.  He had to be 100% completely alone.  At least we have the knowledge that because of the atonement, we will not suffer alone.

I love this gospel so much and know that because of this gospel we don't have to do this alone.  I am so grateful for that.  Never forget that~

I love you guys a bunch.  Ngih ngoi leih!

Sister Crook

No comments:

Post a Comment