Friday, July 11, 2014

July 11, 2014: Handwritten Letter to Tessa

Chan ngoi ge Tessa,

I'm really glad you ahd fun at Lagoon.  Outrigger is way fun.  It was my favorite slide to work when I worked there because it was funny to watch people fall off all the time, but then I got to help pick them up and put them back on their tubes.  You should ride the pipeline slides and race Makynlee.  We rode them once and it was pretty fun.  I also like the slide on the tall tower that you can ride on a tube on.

What other rides at Lagoon did you go on?  Wicked and Samurai are my favorites.  Someday I want to go to Knott's Berry Farm in California and ride all the crazy roller coasters there.

Thank you so much for the picture.  It's very pretty.  I'll hang it up as soon as I clean off my desk then I will hang it up in Hong Kong.  Maybe I'll take it with me to the airport and have my companion take a picture of me and your picture in Hong Kong so you will know it made it.

Will you draw me another picture of the temple?  I packed the one you gave me in a box and forgot to take it out.  I'd love to have one to hang up!

Vocabulary
temple:  singdihn  (sing-deen)
gospel: fokyam (f-oak-yum)
animals: duhngmaht (dung-mah-t)
family: gatihng (gah-teng)
friends: pahngyuah (pan-g-yow)
missionaries: chyungaausih (ch-oon-gow-see)

I'm going to draw a picture and send it with this letter.  Love you!

Kuk Jimuih

No comments:

Post a Comment